Our client seeks suitable candidates for the above-mentioned role. The details below outline the
necessary requirements for this role.
To contribute towards effective and efficient financial management and accounting of the
donor funds and ensure compliance with donor requirements. The jobholder will be
responsible for maintaining all books of records of the project, support to the donor
organizations to maintain proper accounting. He/she will support the Project Manager in
effective management of the project finance and accounts. This position may require
minimal field visits.
Primary location: Nairobi
Key Roles and Responsibilities.
Accounting and Program Finance
- Prepare vouchers of payment, receipt and journals relating to cash transactions
against approved bills/invoices in relation to the project.
- Ensure proper process documentation of all financial transactions
- Ensure proper filing of finance related documentation
- Update the donor financial reports and arrange for timely requests for funds
- Verify the project expenses against approved budget and protocol
- Ensure compliance organizational policy in regard to advances for project related
- Ensure all supporting documentation are available with voucher before payment as
per donor & organizational compliance
- Checking the correctness of retirements of travel advances/impress and ensuring
that they are well supported for further authorizations
- Ensure process and policy has been followed regarding procurement.
- Undertake other general finance duties as required to facilitate the smooth running
of accounting and project finance activities.
Budget Management & Cost control
- Assist the Project Manager in operational management of project funds e.g.
budgeting/forecasting, documentation and spending.
- Provide information to program team in relation to budget and expenditure
- Support in preparing monthly and quarterly financial reports
- Prepare monthly budget variance report and share with management
- Undertake other general finance duties as required to facilitate smooth functioning of accounting and project finance activities.
Required Qualifications and Key Competencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or any other related subject.
- CPA finalist
- At least 2 years’ experience of donor funded project reporting.
- Good experience and knowledge of accounting data processing and report
- Knowledge about tax and statutory requirements
- Knowledge on donor compliance, rules, and regulation especially USAID preferred
- Data analysis skill
- Up-to-date knowledge and understanding of organizational procedures and
- Experience and knowledge on donor financial monitoring
- Communication and report writing skill
- Demonstrate pro-activeness and responsiveness
- Ability to work as a team player and contribute to improve team performance
Interested Candidates should apply to email@example.com attaching your updated CV.
Email reference title should be APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF PROJECT FINANCE OFFICER.
Consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within a month’s time.
All applications will be given due considerations based on MERIT.