Our client a chemical company based in Nairobi’s Industrial Area dealing in manufacturing and distribution of a wide range of specialty agricultural chemicals is looking to hire a Technical Sales Representative.
Nairobi, Kajiado, Kiambu, Murang’a, Kirinyaga, Laikipia, Trans Nzoia, Uasin Gishu, Narok, Bungoma, Nakuru, Machakos, Makueni & Meru.
Responsible for the identification and conversion of new business development opportunities in the agrochemicals sector through the distribution services in the assigned territory. To sell company offerings and solutions to current and prospective customers.
- Using creative methods to increase business development.
- Analyze market trends and future needs in the agreed sectors.
- Understanding the competitive environment and profiling significant companies.
- Mapping the above analysis to the strategic priorities of the group to select target companies.
- Managing customer relations by being the single point of contact for client, updating them on availability of products and status of their orders.
- Build and maintain alliances with key distributors and farmers as well as visiting potential customers regularly
- Review accounts to identify problems, such as overdue accounts, proposed changes in pickup and delivery schedules, failure of shipper and claims.
- Ensure that all purchase orders are received from clients prior to dispatching.
- Quote prices and credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Ensure that all legal documents and processes are followed when signing up an order.
- Maintains customer database and approves the use of internal and external mailing lists.
- Travel throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers at expos or by phone and attend trade shows.
- Use research conducted by marketing team and liaising with Marketing and Sales Manager on taking the sales lead further.
- Monitoring of Sales targets and business objectives as well as competitor analysis
- Possess excellent in-depth knowledge of agrochemical products being able to explain the product values, positioning in the market, target customers and technical knowledge of this product.
- Keeps up-to-date and informed on market, industry, and regulatory issues. Possess active contact list of potential customers in the preferred territory.
- Presenting weekly and monthly reports to the Area Sales Co-Ordinator
Requirements for Appointment
- Excellent understanding of the agriculture sector in Kenya.
- Diploma or Degree in Agriculture, Sales, Marketing or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in agrochemical sales & associated supplies
- Ability to build reports and forecast on sales as well as trends.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and strong negotiation and influential skills.
- Possess a valid rider license.
How to apply
Interested Candidates should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching their updated CV.
Consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within a month’s time.
All applications will be given due considerations based on MERIT.