An International NGO that works towards development and the realization of humanitarian projects aiming at providing education and support to refugee children and youth, is now looking for a Team Lead (TL) to join them. The Team Lead will provide strategic and operational leadership towards the program’s implementation and coordination at the International School, Nairobi. The job holder is expected to practice decision-making at strategic and operational level with a high degree of judgment based on problem-solving experience, drawing on a range of external and internal factors.
Management and Coordination:
- Working closely with the Executive Director on passing on the Organisation’s vision and mission, within the program, whilst ensuring topmost quality at all times;
- Lead, chair, and coordinate Program Support Unit (PSU): Admin, HR, Logistics, Finance, Education, Safeguarding and Security;
- Provide oversight to programme and operational activities, team building and facilitate creation of external partnerships;
- Work with PSU to lead monthly/quarterly planning sessions in accordance with proposed work plans, and budget forecasting. As Lead, propose strategic realignment strategies;
- Supervise and provide guidance to staff, partners and consultants ensuring adherence to planning and priorities;
- Effectively represent the organization and the International School of Nairobi at different forums/levels.
- Lead Program Support Unit (PSU) to conduct regular monitoring and reporting on financial management aspects: timely forecasting, preparation and execution of procurement plan, budget vs actual, spending analysis and establish cross linkages with work-plan progress.
People and Culture:
- Lead on recruitment and talent management of the staff;
- Ensure robust implementation of HR strategies such as performance management and monitoring systems;
- Cultivate and maintain a collaborative and safe workplace environment (WALK the TALK);
- Work closely with programs, operations and other technical units to ensure well-coordinated, streamlined and professional communication.
- Adapt and promote an integrated implementation approach by coordinating and cooperating with other thematic areas (safeguarding, education);
- Provide strategic oversight towards documentation and sharing of knowledge and emerging best practices;
- Support strategic units (programs, advocacy, grants) to develop proposals to advance impending priorities.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 5 years of working experience in the non-profit sector, including managing teams and providing financial and operational oversight;
- Experience of working in and across project management cycles;
- Experience of working through community participation and/or approaches;
- Good IT skills including use of MS Office;
- Fluent knowledge of the English language (written and oral);
- Certification of SPHERE humanitarian standards will be an added advantage;
- Previous experience within the Education sector is considered an advantage;
- Facilitative leader;
- Believes in commitment, integrity, and accountability;
- Versatility and adaptability to a changing environment and be able to handle multiple priorities;
- Self-starter with ability to provide creative solutions;
- Competent in negotiation and problem solving.
If this sounds like a challenge which suits you, we warmly invite you to apply!
THIS JOB IS OPEN TO KENYAN NATIONALS OR ANY ONE IN POSSESSION OF FULL RESIDENCY STATUS IN KENYA
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are invited to submit their application including their CV and cover letter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and specify on the email subject as follows: “APPLICATION FOR THE POSTION OF TEAM LEADER”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.