Our client is in partnership with 8 local and international organizations to implement a 5-year USAID funded Global Labour Program – Inclusive Futures (GLP-IF) that includes an intervention targeting small holder sorghum farmers with disabilities in Homabay, Migori and Kisumu Counties with interventions aimed at empowering them with good farming practices and enhancing their knowledge on labour rights.
The project is recruiting a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer based in Homabay to support data management in the project. The M&E Officer will be reporting to the Head of Agricultural Services with close collaboration with the project consortium member organizations.
The details below outline the necessary requirements for this role.
To ensure effective planning, implementation, reporting of Monitoring and Evaluation activities for the GLP-IF project. The M&E Officer will be part of the GLP-IF project team and will be working with the Head of Agricultural Services in the planning, implementation, reporting, documentation and learning elements of the project. S/He will ensure operationalization of the M&E system, tracking performance indicators, data collection, analysis, and reporting. S/he will work with the field implementing partners to ensure all project related data collected is accurate, analysed and used for documenting best learning practices.
Homa bay County with extensive field travel to the project sites in Homabay, Migori and Kisumu counties.
Terms of employment:
Annual contract renewable based on performance and availability of funds.
Key Roles and Responsibilities.
- In liaison with Head of Agricultural Services, design, develop and review the M&E system for the project and be responsible for keeping it updated;
- Support the execution of project M&E activities as outlined by the project M&E plan including surveys, evaluation, learning and research;
- In coordination with the Head of Agricultural Services, identify and manage data sources for the GLP-IF project;
- Identify the needs for data collection and take lead in the development and roll out of data collection tools and approaches;
- Ensure correct targeting of project respondents (with a strong focus on People with Disability) in the project, ensuring both women and men are included;
- Collecting, collating, cleaning, compiling, analyzing, and reporting data for key programmatic outputs and outcomes indicators;
- Ensure that data reported by the project meets the minimum data quality standards of; reliability, integrity, validity, timeliness and accuracy;
- Validate and verify core indicators against the identified sources of information;
- Support data entry and processing system calculating performance indicators, identification of implementation patterns, setbacks, and successful practices;
- Ensure timely provision of data for weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual donor reports based on agreed performance indicators;
- Undertake monthly field visits to support and supervise data collection and data quality verification;
- Maintain an updated GLP-IF project participants database system with continuous data entry and cleaning;
- Participate in Data Quality Assessments (DQA) by preparing the required project documents, providing details explanations of MEL processes and accompanying the DQA team for field-based data verification;
- Communicate to the project team on desired level of compliance on use of company policies and procedures;
- Work closely with the Agri services technical teams to enhance their understanding of indicators, project beneficiaries, reporting requirement and understanding of the MEL system;
- Lead the design and implementation of learning framework for the GLP-IF program;
- Office management i.e., information, communication, resources, procurement, and courier management.
Required Qualifications and Key Competencies
- A bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics or Social Sciences;
- Basic training in Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning will be an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Experience and Other Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities or a similar role;
- Experience in database design;
- Demonstrated experience in handling large volumes of data and data base management systems;
- Experience and Skills in data analysis and visualization;
- Demonstrated experience in web-based platforms /mobile-based applications for online data collection;
- Experience in USAID-funded programs is highly desired and will be an added advantage;
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Ability to deliver results under very strict deadlines.
Interested Candidates should apply to email@example.com attaching their updated CV. Email reference title should be APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF PROJECT M&E OFFICER.
Application deadline is 25th November, 2022.
Consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within a month’s time.
All applications will be given due considerations based on MERIT.