Our client, a Kenyan public philanthropic foundation that supports sustainable community-driven development, is looking for a Programme Officer – Education.
The main objective of this role is to oversee the implementation of community led development projects in the areas of Education aiming for enhanced access to inclusive quality education, life-long skills development and an enabling policy environment for community participation in education.
- Coordinate Education work particularly improving learning outcomes under the organization’s programmes portfolio through programme design, innovation & development, and, fundraising
- Ensure timely and efficient implementation and reporting to donors and other relevant stakeholders under the portfolio.
- Participate in the development of annual programme implementation work plan and budgets complete with corresponding monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting plans.
- Coordinate the youth mentorship processes under the education portfolio and more specifically improving learning outcomes while applying mentorship and coaching as an approach which includes targeting beneficiaries in secondary school.
- Ensure full and proactive compliance with the Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation guidelines and policies.
- Participate in and represent the organization at relevant policy forums and meetings (particularly on education) with a view to contributing to the improvement of the policy and law reform for enabling development environment (with GOK, Donors, Civil Society and networks). Includes ensuring compliance with government policies and guidelines in the area of education
- Support the total fundraising efforts of the organization for both programme and institutional sustainability.
- Ensure when required, effective and appropriate identification of new partners both at community and national levels.
- Work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation team to develop and continually review the programme monitoring and evaluation system and tools.
- Ensure programme information is accurately maintained ensuring data management, data protection and data security.
- Coordinate events, including functions, workshops, and monitoring visits for the tertiary education program.
- Support the Communications team in the documentation of program scholars and updates of success stories for sharing on the organization’s social media pages.
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- A minimum 5 year’s practical and progressive experience in a similar role in a Kenyan or development organization working in Kenya preferably at a national level.
- University graduate in social or development studies, preferably in education.
- Demonstrated experience in education for Youth and Children in the Kenyan context.
- Excellent skills in communication, interpersonal, facilitation, mentorship, and presentation.
- A fast learner with demonstrable capability and willingness to work within team environment.
- Ability to be an analytical and effective problem solver.
- Ability to work independently, with self-drive and be an integral part of a team.
- Proven management, organizational and networking skills.
- Experience in grant-making and multi donor arrangements is a key requirement.
Interested Candidates should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching their updated CV. Email reference title should be APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF PROGRAMME OFFICER – EDUCATION
Application deadline is Friday, 2nd February, 2024. Please Consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within a month’s time. All applications will be given due considerations based on MERIT.