Our client a chemical company based in Nairobi’s Industrial Area dealing in manufacturing and distribution of a wide range of specialty agricultural chemicals is looking to hire a marketing officer.
- Accomplishes marketing and sales human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves marketing and sales operational objectives by contributing marketing and sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Determines annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs; developing field sales action plans.
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor’s share, and competitor’s strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
- Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development.
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes marketing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Qualifications and skills:
- Diploma or Degree in Agriculture, Business, Sales and Marketing
- Minimum of 5 years in Marketing or Sales Management in an agrochemical company or non-FMCG sector
- Preferably aged above 35 years
- MUST have a valid Driving License (Class BCE) and capable of driving a manual car
- Good understanding of the agriculture sector and willing to travel 80% of the time
- Fluent communication in English and Kiswahili
- Experience in Selling farm chemicals or non-FMCG products to the agriculture sector
- Ability to utilize CRM to manage team sales tasks, pipeline, and closing.
How to apply
Interested Candidates should apply to email@example.com attaching their updated CV.
Consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within a month’s time.
All applications will be given due considerations based on MERIT.