An International NGO with a humanitarian mission to provide protection and quality education to refugee and underprivileged youth is seeking to recruit teachers in the following specialized areas:
1. English Teachers
2. Sports Teacher
3. Design Teacher
The school is located in the slum area of Nairobi, Kenya and are passionately engaged in one of the world’s most ambitious, unique and exciting educational projects: to offer the very highest quality of schooling experience to some of the most disadvantaged children in East Africa. The school is now seeking open-minded, thoughtful and creative teachers to join the team so as to inspire and educate children following the prestigious International Baccalaureate (IB) programme. If successful, you will have the opportunity to complement the classes with a modest number of introductory ICT classes. We do not require qualifications or experience in ICT teaching, but one must demonstrate interest and competence in everyday computer usage. The organization offers extensive professional development in a wide range of areas as well as full sponsorship of participation in official IB training workshops.
- Plan, deliver and facilitate dynamic, active, and creative lessons for diverse classes of students aged 10-15.
- Create enhanced opportunities for real-life applications of concepts using available resources and project-based learning.
- Plan and deliver introductory ICT classes on a weekly basis.
- Review and monitor the progress of all students and identify their individual learning needs.
- Differentiate instruction to meet those needs of the students, providing extra support to those students who are below grade level.
- Sensitively and appropriately provide pastoral care to our students from disadvantaged backgrounds. Handle urgent situations with consummate professionalism and in accordance with the laid down Discipline Policy and Safeguarding Policy, utilizing the school’s support network as necessary.
- Conduct regular formative and summative assessments, recording and reporting grades and performance.
- Attend and participate in regular professional development activities.
- Help the school excel with your participation and leadership in community engagement, competitions, school trips and other activities.
- Contribute to the development and leadership of the extracurricular programmes.
- Provide feedback on quality and well-being to ensure programmes are designed, implemented, monitored and evaluated to maximize positive impact on vulnerable children.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent written and oral English
- Academic or Professional Certificates;
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Science, ICT, English, Language Teaching, Physical Education, Education or related field or equivalent training and experience;
- At least two years of teaching experience;
- Competent ICT skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills;
- Ability to mentor students on a daily basis;
- Resilience in a challenging and changing environment;
- The curiosity and willingness to develop and practice modern teaching techniques;
- Determined team player;
- Experience teaching low-achieving students;
- Experience working with refugee populations;
- Experience working with vulnerable people;
- Experience in Child Safeguarding and Protection
- Teaching Service Commission (TSC) Number.
We are therefore seeking proactive educators who demonstrate genuine care for each child, a hunger to offer them the best, and an infectious passion for the curricular and extracurricular activities they lead.
If you are a qualified teacher and this sounds like a challenge which suits you, we warmly invite you to apply!
THIS JOB IS OPEN TO ALL EAST AFRICAN CITIZENS WHO ARE IN POSSESSION OF FULL RESIDENCY STATUS IN KENYA AND ARE WILLING TO WORK AND RESIDE IN NAIROBI, KENYA
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are invited to submit their application including their CV, cover letter and TSC Number (if possessed) by emailing: email@example.com and specify on the email subject, the specific teaching area that you are applying for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.