Our client in the Agricultural and Horticulture industry is looking for a Data Analyst Assistant. The Data Analyst Assistant will provide support to Monitoring and Evaluation unit as needed by internal teams when specific project elements involving data gathering, collation and analysis arise. Interphases with field team with occasional infield presence.
Key Roles and Responsibilities.
- Conduct research and desktop reviews on quantitative and qualitative data, perform data cleaning, and conduct statistical analysis using modern and traditional data collection methods.
- Contribute to internal M&E strategic communications on impact stories including briefs, blogs, reports, and present findings periodically in group meetings.
- Support and provide technical assistance for inquiries and issues related to data by the field team.
- Contribute to internal Communication of key data findings to various stakeholders to facilitate data-driven decision-making or story-telling.
- Support and facilitate relevant data collection, farmer household paneling and case studies on households, registered partners working with small holder farmers.
- Contribute to the development of protocols, Instruments (e.g. questionnaires, checklists, discussion guides, and interview forms) for data collection storage and analysis as may be needed by projects within the designated region including sample size calculation.
- Develop data analysis template/plan using relevant statistical methods and analysis packages such as Excel, SPSS, STATA, and R-Language as per the protocol of any project and stream activity.
Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in statistics and economics (Agricultural economics, Statistics, economics), or another closely related field from a recognized university is highly desirable.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both written and verbally
- Demonstrated ability to understand and apply instructions or suggest alternate proven methods to improve data capture, management and analytics
- A well-organized team player with the ability to perform various tasks, act individually, and think creatively
- Ability to take initiative and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines, while maintaining keen attention to detail
- Ability to travel and work remotely maintaining high level of discipline and integrity
- Flexibility adaptability and resilience in working in a constantly evolving environment
- Skilled at prioritizing work based on the importance with outstanding capability to build working relationships
- Very solid understanding of Microsoft suit (Excel, Publish, word, outlook) including Zoom and Teams
- Strong analytical skills ability to create simple to complex analytical solutions
- Knowledge of data management/data governance processes and policies, including data cleaning, open data, data analytics, and data security
- Knowledge of Stata, SPSS, SAS, R, KoBo Collect, Epi Data, Epi Info or any statistical package is preferred.
- Experiences in developing digital data collection tools is highly desirable
Interested Candidates should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching their updated CV.
Email reference title should be APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF DATA ANALYST ASSISTANT.
Application deadline is 11th August, 2023.
Consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within a month’s time.
All applications will be given due considerations based on MERIT.