Our client a public philanthropic foundation that supports sustainable community driven development is looking for a Communication Officer. The Main Objective of this role is to implement the organization’s communication strategy, manage the digital media platform, document the organization’s work, engage and monitor the media and ensure Branding and visibility of the organization’s items.
- Assist in the development, review and execution of the organization’s communications strategy
- Manage and maintain the organization’s social media presence on various platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin and YouTube.
- Create visually appealing graphics and multimedia content to accompany social media posts, website content, and other marketing materials.
- Develop and implement social media campaigns that align with the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Edit and proofread website content, marketing materials, and social media posts to ensure accuracy, consistency, and alignment with brand standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and execute marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest social media trends and algorithms to optimize engagement and reach.
- Monitor and analyze social media metrics to identify areas for improvement
- Develop and refine digital marketing strategies to increase engagement, build brand awareness, and drive website traffic
- Document and edit success stories and all communication publications
- Providing technical support to program staff and partners on best practice, communication methods & materials
- Engaging with media reporters and media outlets to promote the organization’s work
- Identify media opportunities to increase the organization’s visibility and reach
- Sharing all media coverage with internal teams, digital media, and partners via various channels
- Ensuring that all staff and partners adhere to the organization’s brand profile in their communication materials.
- Supporting in identifying suitable communications service providers for the organization
- Verifying the quality of goods and services supplied to the organization
Required Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, development s studies or any related field.
- A Masters or Post-Graduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Intermediate IT skills especially on web platforms.
- 5 years’ relevant work experience in communications or development communication.
- Excellent command of written and spoken knowledge of English and Kiswahili language
- Experience managing social media platforms in a professional capacity
- Basic photography and video editing skills
- Ability to handle major events and ability to travel when needed.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Self-driven and able to deliver results with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment and with partners at all levels
Interested Candidates should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching their updated CV and Cover Letter. Email reference title should be APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF COMMUNICATION OFFICER.
Please also indicate your preferred remuneration for this role on the cover letter.
Application deadline is 11th December, 2023. Please Consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within a month’s time. All applications will be given due considerations based on MERIT.